View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
I believe you missed my point. By adding a bypass filter system in addition to the full flow filter, it will remove the solids without changing the oil to remove the solids. It will remove solids down to less than 1 micron, anything that small is benign and will not harm an engine. It's like refining the oil back to an uncontaminated state by filtering out solids in 4 quarts of oil every 5 minutes, it happens quicker than any engine could re-contaminate the oil.

The bypass filter system will keep the contaminants out of the oil keeping it free of solids that will wear the engine, a full flow filter lets these solids pass through it's media continually.

Without the closed loop bypass system that does not supply any oil to the internally lubricated parts, it has one priority. To clean oil to the same state it entered the engine, NO SOLIDS, and return it back to the pan to be used by the factory system to lubricate the internal engine parts. When the solids are removed continually there is no need to replace oil when it becomes polluted with the solids a full flow filter can not filter out. Simply put, because the full flow media is too coarse to remove them, or the by pass valve is open and they made their way around the full flow filter.

The bypass filter system is added on, and the factory system is left intact same as it came from the manufacturer. By removing the solids the oil stays in a close to a pristine condition at all times. When the bypass system filter is in need of change (3-5000 miles) you simply replace it add one quart as a make up and keep on trucking. There is no downside to having a bypass filter system only saving money and your engine.

This technology is not new and is used on engines that cannot be shut down for maintenance, The US armed forces uses this technology on ship engines etc. as well as private industry that uses it on stationary engines that can't be shut down. It supplements the original factory system and is at least 30 times more efficient than the stock system, has only one priority, to remove all microscopic solids and keep them out of the oil. The Frantz bypass filter has been around for over 60 years and if it had any downside it wouldn't still being manufactured and sold, and I surely wouldn't endorse them and have them on my own vehicles. Also the OTR trucks save money by adding a bypass filter system to keep the engines clean as well as keep the wheels turning and earning by decreasing downtime.
Yes, I did. I read it wrong. My mind immediately thought of "bypass" as if the filter were plugged and bypassing. Read it wrong... "Dyslexia really wrecks you (me)". lol

Very good information.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato