View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, those are kind words. Thank you to everyone for the well wishes for this car. Tim, you are right, it did take just the right car but I am so glad Lucy is in good hands. Norwood is also right, this is going to be a very special restoration (Craig, I told you I was holding back a stripe kit for my next project!).

Not only is this car very special in it’s own right, but it seems to have air of history that has touched many Trans Am enthusiasts here on these boards that have wondered about it, known of it, or seen it over the years. The stories shared by Jim and TABob are really awesome. And with the stories told to date, I can say there is still a story or two more to tell about this car (like why there is a hole in the rear spoiler) that I will be sharing over the coming weeks.

Since Steve started this thread in 2006, I suppose its finally time to share some pictures of what she looked like years ago. These pictures will no doubt bring back fond memories (or somewhat sickening memories in sort of a good way ) to Jim who came so close to this car in the late ‘80’s, TABob who saw and knew this car in the late ‘90’s and W72-Bandit who knew it was once sitting in a field outside Houston.

Speaking of field work, when I showed these pictures to my dad, the first thing he said was ‘my gosh, this car has been driven in a hay field.’ It took me a second but he was referring to the scrape marks on the front bumper caused by harvesting hay the Indian way.

The other point that is obvious in these pictures is the lack of wheel trim ring scars in the KR's. Steve had mentioned before that the wheels looked like they never had trim rings on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0001s.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	326828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0003s.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	326829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0009s.jpg
Views:	210