View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

TomV, Thanks for the vote of confidence. The way that I developed the intake port in my 5 heads seems to have cured allot of sins in the original port design by PMD at least on the flow bench. I just hope that it works out on the dyno and at the track as well. I don't think that any of our idea's are original, someone has thought of it before. It just may have been ahead of it's time, and did not get fully developed before moving on to something else. Our for fathers were pretty smart for not having all of today's technology.

toms, I did pressure test the heads and they do leak as can be seen in the pic's. PMD made the castings way to thin there and every set of factory heads I have installed or checked leak there. No problem though, easy fix.

Don Chapman, I have flow tested the factory 5 heads on a 4.300 test fixture and they flowed 328 @ .700 as cast. With a good 5 angle valve job we have gotten them to flow as much as 365 @ .700. That was without an air foil around the pushrod tube. Never had a chance to do the same with it. The problem with the factory 5 heads we found was turbulence after .300" of lift, and very poor port speed all the way through the lift range. That is why I developed the port in my heads the way that I did.

Don Johnston
DCI MOTORSPORTS INC.
330-850-5050 Shop
330-628-3354 cell
Designer of the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air V heads !!!!!!