View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1933 Pontiac 2dr Sedan

Yesterday there was a carshow at the Elks Club half a mile away from my house. I always go to this one not only because it's free but because all monies donated and raised got to our Veterans. And it was their 50th Anniversary..... 1963 to 2013. Plus their trophies this year were pretty cool too.

So we're all standing around talking with the show's DJ, who happens for be Lou Costesllo from New Jersey's WVLT 92.1 FM station out of Vineland, NJ when in comes this gorgeous '1933 Pontiac sedan with a Pontiac Straight 8 and 3 on the floor. He even has the hand crank to start her up by hand if need be. How cool is that?

Come to find out the new owner had bought it at an estate sale recently. The car had been restored from the ground up by the previous owner. She shows a bit of wear, but if it was perfect we wouldn't have seen it. The new owner isn't afraid to take the 'ol gal out for a spin or a show.

This is the original radiator cap. The owner said he found one that was rechromed and for sale... price was $2000.00 firm. He passed on it.

And one super quiet engine....

Weird side story...

I made a donation to the Elks for the show and in return they gave me a bunch of tickets for the door prizes and 50/50 drawing. No I didn't win either with the tickets I had. But.... it turned out kind of cool with the door prize tickets. All tickets started with 666.... that's why I didn't win anything. LOL But the last three numbers were the kicker. I had 389, 390, 421, 426, and 427. The 427 ticket I gave to a guy with a 66 427 Corvette, and he said he was taping it on his trophy. Now how weird is it to get tickets like that?

And last of all the cool trophies 19 of us received.....

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.

Last edited by GT182; 05-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.