View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Boss -

There was and still is a lot of different versions of what I could put on the air cleaner lid. I toyed around with the Pontiac crest and was clearly the first choice of logos. It still is not off the table to do some kind of rendition, but I was finding fitment and clean line issues with the crest. If you look at the finned strips, it says square lines.

The crest is organic/angular which would have to, in my opinion, need a different style lid choice. I have thought about just cutting a custom lid out of solid billet, but that would take more time to draw and is, far more complex with extended cut time. Still, not off the table either, but at this point, I want less projects associated with Samantha.

Maybe I will just print a crest and visit the subject again. Thanks for sparking that thought.

The other reason why I went with the GM logo, is because usually any Project X car build, would of been from corporate to the best of my knowledge. So to me, a GM logo says Pontiac development at corporate level. - COPO comes to mind.

I have also considered the PMD logo on the front, but all that you are reading is live thread feed design, so I have not gotten that far down the road with all options. Serious multitasking going on, and it's my own fault. I fit in concepts, renderings, drawings and testing constructs as work permits.

Was thinking of doing a V for Ram Air V. but, ah - I'm not hot for that direction.

Interesting tid bit

The attached RAM AIR emblems are GM corporate castings from PMC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture-2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	319308   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture-1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	319309  

Last edited by 428RA4; 04-10-2013 at 08:36 PM.