View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It appears that there is going to be more street versions than race at this time from the postings here and the phone calls I am getting. So with that I think that tooling up for an intake is probably going to be a priority for me. I have a couple of idea's that I want everyone to ponder before I forge forward with this.

1 Make an intake that has a removable top so that a single or dual 4 set up can be used. One problem I see with this would be a very large plenum to make it adaptable. This may not be an issue, but it could be.

2 Make a direct copy of the factory dual 4 single plane intake that could be used on the factory heads or my heads with adapters. The only problem with this one,I would be limiting my market to people wanting dual quads.As well as stated here not very many original heads out there.

3 Making cast runners about 4" in length that could could be used for different scenarios. Such as building a single or dual 4 intake. Or using them to build a Hillborn/Kinsler style fuel injection set up. Or maybe even running weber down draft carbs.

Now me personally I like that last idea (#3), but again I think it will limit my audience. So my business sense tells me to make (#1) since it will fit a wider audience. I am also working on a sheet metal intake idea with a company right now. They like my idea of machining all the pieces to fit together. That way I can use a chemical resistant epoxy to assemble them without welding. Or for that matter the end user could assemble it like a model car kit.

As Tom stated, mad dog already has headers for the early F body and they said they would be more than happy to make them for the A bodies and 2nd gen F bodies.
I am working on getting cams produced in some kind of assembly line format for lack of a better term. To try and get the cost down a little. So I am aware of everyone's concerns and trying to get all the the details worked out. This way it will be as seamless as possible for the end user.

Don Johnston
DCI MOTORSPORTS INC.
330-850-5050 shop
330-628-3354 cell
Designer of the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air V Heads !!!!!