View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LuxuryLeMansLa. View Post
Jray,

I apologize for being a bit thick headed here but I still don't get this part...... Are you actually plumbing the heater feed into the "intake" as in intake manifold water crossover? Or do you mean the flow goes into the "intake" on the timing cover/pump housing? May be that a picture would help me here... I have a '72 model so it may be the difference in the design of the timing cover/pump housing for the '68 is hurting my small brain
I don't know for sure that routing this one way or the other is affecting the temps but every little hindrance to proper cooling system function will add up.....
Anyway, if you could post a picture of this I would appreciate it. I'm constantly trying to learn here.

Karl

yes it went back to crossover. There are 2 ports onthe water crossover so the temp sensor can go on either side. I just t'd the heater core line from the back of the head and run another hose to the water crossover. This didn't help any so I changed it back to stock. After driving it a few miles today I still think it is timing and fuel causing my temp issues and so it continues. The hunt for the perfect timing and fueling. It was so much easier for me to reprogram my 05 GTO than to tune this car. Hopefully I will have gained a lot of knowledge from this adventure by the time its fixed.