Thread: Home Generator?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just purchased this one from HD during our last power outage and They had a truckload of them coming the next day after our power went off. Typically our power is out for days at a time however it came back on before the truck got here, but I still decided to purchase it anyway. It's 5500 watts, 6875 surge 13 HP for $550. I got it home and fueled it up filled it with oil and read the directions before I started it. One pull and it was running, that impressed me. Compact size and it comes with wheels, absolutely no assembly required.

The engine is a Honda knock off made in China and from what I have read it's a reliable powerplant and there are really no weak links. I cannot report on how it works as other than breaking it in for 20 minutes and checking the power output. From what I've read the unit is supposed to be a fairly good unit. Price was right for me and I noticed it's quieter than my neighbors generators as far as exhaust noise. I'll probably Hot Rod the muffler anyway to try and make it even quieter than it is.

Link: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...7;205500%20wat

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 07-19-2012 at 09:14 AM.