View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default think differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
x2, it will become a class were you have to bring an ex pro stock or ADRL car or stay home. The class is fine the way it is. Give it time it will get bigger. Maybe it could stand to be a bit lighter but still its fine. Its easier to add weight than remove it.
think it needs to be tweakd. to 6.0 which would make 500 ci at 3000 lbs. to give guys with aftermarket blocks the option. why spend the $$$ on a smaller engine in todays times for that 1 race. Most Of the builds I know of with new blocks in my area all seem to be Power added combos. I know i was a Super class racer for years N/A. to make the HP i want N/A would cost me Roughly double or more the $$$ then going with an adder. If it stays at the 6.75 weight break I think it will stay about the same size IMO dont seem to see alot of guys staying small anymore. When you goto the local track and **** a 540 Chevy is pretty much a small motor it seems. Most guys i know want to go faster and lighter. I think when you start getting into low 8's high 7's with cars over 3000Lbs thats a lot of weight to stop, specially on tracks that have short or rough shutdown areas. I would Like to see more Power added class to make it worth wild for the drive east. The way it is now hate saying it. Not worth the cost in todays times.