View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT WHORE View Post
Should be fun checking the run out of the scattershield while the engine is in the car!
Plugs out and spin the motor by the damper bolt. I have a magnetic dial indicator. They sent me a big dollar QuickTime scattershield and I hope that helps. This engine has been rebuilt in the past and I don't know if it was line bored or not. We'll see how it goes.

I probably should get some longer dowel pins? Then again, if it's out of spec I'll need offset pins so I suppose I'll wait and see exactly what it needs before I get anything.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about getting the pedals in and the hyd clutch working correctly than I am about anything else........until I see the crankshaft for the pilot bearing, add that to the worry list.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.