View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

David,
I have a 70 GTO I am doing this conversion on. My car started out as a 4spd car. I have the engine out for a rebuild. I attached my trany to a bare block and installed with out cross member under the car. I have the luxuary of working on a lift. I blocked up the trany close to the floor and started marking. Got the floor cut out so my trany fit. I then bolted down the original shift porch and I took another porch that I had and screwed it to the one bolted down so it would clear the trans. I then took some 16ga (?) sheet metal and cut to the general shape cut out ( semi pie shape) and strarted shaping and screwing down to floor. Its all screwed tight , everything cleaned and ready to weld in this weekend. My car did not come with a consell and I am not puting one in so the shift porch was very important as its what I screw the shift boot too. Any way going well.
My brother had the tunnel patch from Hurst Drive Line and its nothing more than a rolled piece of sheet metal, I would not wait for the back order.
Good luck.

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.