View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by old66tiger View Post
Refer to my earlier post about installing the TKO. Start with no mods to the floor pan and install the bell housing with no clutch, throw out bearing, pressure plate or disc. You will have this in and out about a dozen time. Install the tranny and slowly jack it up until you hit your first interference. I used a body saw to run a slit up the middle of the tunnel and pried the tunnel apart until I got my clearance that I needed. I made up a pie shaped wedge and spot welded in the tunnel. Worked well and no huge patches. I made my own custom porch up because the factory porch is useless with the tunnel mods. nothing some card board, tape and a welder won't fix.
I plan on doing a trial fit, in the manner of your suggestion, before I touch a thing. I don't want to cut any more than needed. My body bushings are pretty fresh, that may help with clearance.
Are you using a factory console?
Is your car originally an auto or manual?

All advice and any suggestions are and will be appreciated.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 03-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.