View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Actually it was first mention by Jim of Rolanding racing on the Channel, I checked the dates. There was no mention by Bruce before that date.
CORRECT!

Quote:
Bruce then bought up the subject here
No one else had brought it up here or any other pro-port threads anywhere else, that I'm aware of. If someone knew for certain that it had already been corrected they could(should) have ended the conversation right there.

Quote:
the funny part was watching him obsessed about it,
Preignition is a far more serious issue than detonation and I have 1st hand knowledge of it. NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT PREIGNITION! Yet you seem to think its some minor issue.
I wouldnt want anyone, even you Gach, to have to go through that experience.

Quote:
when we knew long before it wasn't a problem.
Who is we??? Were any facts presented at that time that backs up this claim??? If you sat on facts and didnt present them then you were in there to stir the pot. Doesnt show well of you then does it?

Quote:
The way it all came about didn't look good. Suddenly we had Calvin posting pictures, We just sat back kind of giggling as it was coming from the CV-1 boys.
Seems you were the one doing most of the laughing at the issue... largely because you think its because I'm a cv1 guy. Most people dont think like you Lou.... most have enough consideration for the other guy to at least consider the issue and possible consequences regardless of who he associates with.

Early into Jims thread even DCI expressed concern. (along with a few others) But even then you tried to make it out as if it didnt exist. Apparently DCI had an early development piece too. By your standards the guy who designed the Tiger must not have any credibility either...but wait a minute...he's not a cv1 guy so you just pretend he didnt back up my concern... or you are just off on one of your vendettas... which one is it Lou??

I truly brought it up here because a plug that cant pull heat from the tip because it is too close to a very high heat source will greatly increase the possibility for preignition. Fortunately it has been addressed at Edelbrock yet no one in the Pontiac community knew it had been. Yep Lou I'm the bad guy... part of the "posse" only looking out for CV1 interests.

Yep I like CV1's and regular E's and wideports and hi-ports and tigers and warps, aluminum D's, RA5, even old iron of all kinds. Love that we have so many options. Was a time we had D's, early SD's, Round ports, or RA5. Most of us had to like the regular old D's because the others were difficult to come by.

But Lou... you are entitled to your opinion regardless if you are right or wrong. Your opinion of me is meaningless regardless. After all you are so highly regarded amongst us.