View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up 1967 Lemans Sprint Euro Movie car still exsist.

A new member of the OHC board is the owner of a little known movie Pontiac.
I thought I would share it over here as well...

"Hello, i found this site by chance and i'm glad there are some people that appreciate this unusal American engine.
My car is the only one 67 Le Mans Sprint convt 4 speed imported from GM built for European market ( it has odom in chilometers and lighting system modified for our rules)
it's still white with black interiors, the B I G problem is the motor...actually about 10 years ago I had to give up with the six and put inside a 400 just to have the car running..
This car has quite an history in Italy because it appeared in five movies in 1971 and 1972..anyway I bought it in 1990 and since I had to rebuild the engine several times and I couldnt say
how many times I changed followers, lifters ecc...I also found another 230 to swap but it wasn't a 215HP and as you know performance were very different and it wasn't a good one too...
at the end the only chance to have a ride with this beautiful car was to quit the 230..
Today I'm thinking the possibility to "rebuild" the original ZD 230 and give again the Sprint look and performance..
Will post some picts if someone want to see them.

Roberto"

If it is the same car I'm thinking it is, I had come across this car while searching for OHC cars to add to my WEB CAMMER slide show. The first time I saw it was over on the IMCDB site http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Pontiac&model=

Here is a short clip showing BRUCE LEE getting a ride in this '67 Lemans convertible. http://fliiby.com/file/460826/946v1mmqp1.html

It wasn't until recently that I came upon the same car used in a few ealyer movies.

I think that it is amazing that this car still exsist, we all know movie cars didn't fair well after years of use. I look forward to hearing more about this car from Roberto.