View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 58 my 1st wheelie

i'm posting a pic of my 1st wheelie. as you can see i'm holding up the front end of a rear engine car. they were purty lite. the other boy in the pic helped me pick it up, then i held it up & posed for the pic. that boy was also a classmate & teammate on the b-ball team. he could jump higher than me so coach called him bunny rabbit, later shortened to just bunny. he was a preachers kid & smart. when he came, he bumped me down from 1st place to 2nd. but we were good friends & made some great memories playing b-ball together. now i want you to notice the car in the background. its a '66 coronet 500, 383, auto, 3.25 posi rear. when my dad talked about buying a new car to serve as part time family car, part time ride to college for my sister, i tried to give him my input on how it should be optioned. i suggested a 426 hemi, 4-speed, & at least 3.73 gears. but cooler heads prevailed, & i think it still turned out o.k. it made a real nice street car (for a non-pontiac) & served my sister well for many years. but my mom looked real out of place driving it. lookin back i can hardly believe my dad let me get away with those options. what we really needed was a 4-door family sedan. my dad was a purty cool old dude, god rest his soul!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1966.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	270470