View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default where i came from? part 3

fast forward now to 1969. i'm in college now & working at a pizza joint all the hours i can. i decided the time had come. its time for my gto! so i looked around & found a clean '65 4sp lite blue- $1500. my boss was a good man & liked to help the college kids when he could. i told him what i wanted to do & he gave me some good advice. he asked " your not going to leave me are you?" well i liked the job & i loved pizza (we could eat all we wanted every day--i did) so i wasn't planing to quit. he said "why don't you buy a new car instead of that used one?" he reasoned that the notes wouldn't be much higher cause they'd finance it longer & i'd have a new car instead of a used 1 that might have problems. god bless "Mr. Joe". i took his advice & went straight to the pontic dealer. they had a new judge on display. i'd read some about 'em so i said that's what i want. but i said " i aint gonna drive around in no haloween orange car even if it is a goat. what other colors can i get?" he went inside & asked his boss & said that was the only color availabe at that time. i said "well can i get the same motor & ram air stuff in a regular gto in a different color?" the answer was yes so we dug into the options list & built my 1st & only new car. silver with black interior, ra3, 4sp, 3.90 gears, hood tach, fm radio, no air, manual steering. $3400 + change. notes $125 a month including ins. yah this was really happening. soon i'd be driving my very own gto! (ps) T.J. reminded me to be sure & tell ya'll i also ordered it with a bench seat so she could sit in the middle & shift. it worked out great. i'd mash the clutch & she'd snatch the gears.