View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bad, yes. The area along all the support pieces is rusted out. I measured and cut using the dimensions from the replacement panel I hope to use. But while cutting I found more bad than I had already known about. Still have lots of fiberglass to remove and I am afraid of what will be under that. Not sure what I am going to do in the end. I just can't afford a complete trunk floor from back seat to rear of car. Probably going to have to buy some sheet metal and patch the places that the one piece panel doesn't cover.

I bought a cheap set of damaged wheel tubs from Summit Racing in their clearance section a couple of weeks ago, mainly for the metal.The box they were shipped in was bent as was the metal. But I may end up using them if the original wheel wells are too far gone. The price for replacement wheel wells is just ridiculous to me, as well as out of my budget. Since this isn't going to be anything near stock I am not worried about that.

Just feeling really stupid right now. I could have bought several other types of cars ready to drive for the money I have into this already. I have had a habit of doing this for the last several years. Although on this car I honestly looked but due to fiberglass and bondo work didn't see all the bad areas. Just hope I can get this one fixed, or else I will give up on cars and start with model railroads.

Russ