View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll see if I can post some pics Jim. Think I might be able to find some useable pics.

I do realize the pro port appears to have the plug in near the same, if not the same location as other perfomance E heads. However, while it seems fine for the perf e's, which dont have any quench on the spark plug side of the chamber, you have what appears to be about a 1/2" of material for a spark plug side quench and the angular trajectory carries the plug tip to what might now become a bad place for it to be. Final chamber shaping may correct for this, I cant say for certain. Dont know whether chamber shape or plug relocation might be the better way to go. Just see from present pics that there are things there that may drastically alter the behavior from the standard heads.

Everyone...
I AM NOT making my comments to BASH this head! So, those that think otherwise would do well to investigate along with me vs thinking its me vs them. I'd rather see that a possible issue doesnt occur. Tracking down a preignition problem is far costlier after the fact than hopefully preventing a possibility in the 1st place.

Would my detractors prefer I said nothing and sit back later and say "I thought so"? Or point it out later IF problems arose? I hope not. I noticed this some time ago, and to be honest hoped someone else did, and would point it out.

So I finally decide to hell with it, I better point out what I see before someone goes thru money and effort with a possible issue that might bite them. And certain people want to make politics of it? Just brilliant! Ignore the source because they're not on some "approved list" of people to pay attention too!!!

Just because I have a personal preference for a different head design does not mean I dont think other designs cant be used effectively or that my preference should be everyone elses. What I prefer doesnt blind me from using something else thats working as well or better!

I prefer to share and obtain knowledge not play politics. Prefer to help prevent or be helped from things that might cause others or myself issues.

There is another board for those that want to be political vs helpful in the quest to help the Pontiac community. Suggest you go there and stay there for stick in the eye games!

I'd prefer you stay here and try to be helpful when someone sees something others dont.