View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, that is a deal, I will clean up the floors and keep them original

No but seriously, It has been a really hard dessicion to start the restauration, Yes it could be on the road for a year or ten in it's current state as a survivor.

And it does look good on pictures, BUT when you learn to know it close up everyday you will notice the rust on top of the driver side door and on the right side of the panel below the the convertible to, you will also know that there is rust under the same panel on the left side, I promise that the rust will grow on you..

Then you have all the dents after 40 years on the road, I can show you over 20 of them...

And of course the missing paint on the trunk lid, it does not make it better that it has had a partial re paint, so much for a survivor..

And the beaten interior and the wrong color of the top and the rotten weatherstrips.

Then you have the engine leaking oil all over the place, the incorrct aftermarket radiator and the cut fan shroud...

I could go on for quite a while but I will not, in my mind it is time for a restauration now, 40 years is enough, the result will be better if I do it now instead of waiting until it will be a rustbucket.

I will put my pride in keeping it as original as possible as long as it is sensible, I will not pay 250 USD for a Nos weather strip if you see what I mean..

So that is how it is going to be, end of discussion.

But I would really like all inputs in the future and answers to my sometimes silly questions, pictures will come when there is some progress either you like it or not