Thread: Winter Beaters
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 05:07 PM

Thanks for all the responses! The difficult part for me is being able to spot a cheap car that will likely be reliable when the weather gets really cold. I'm not a mechanic but have modest mechanical abilities. What do you guys look for when you're looking at a car you know is a bit of a POS, but one that will just keep running. Is it just brand and makes that you look for or is it things like a new crate motor in an old pickup truck? Getting around in deep snow is a minor issue since in my experience it really just takes a good set of snow tires and decent ground clearance. I've thought about a police interceptor, there's a place here called xgovernmentcars.com that has some pretty good deals. I've got a Jeep Wrangler now but it's a lease and with this crappy economy I don't think I'll be able to afford the buyout. In decent weather I just ride my motorcycle to work. Dates and fun = GTO baby! So I guess I'm looking for a foul weather vehicle that will last a couple years. Thanks again!