View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 65 tripower pcv/breather question

I have a 65 tripower set up with pcv and a breather (not connected to intake or carb), thus no place to have carb pull gases in from the breather cap. I know the 66 tripower resolved this....but will this hurt the proper circulation of gases?

Below is a quote I found from another thread on PY talking about using an F splitter on a tripower, should I do this??:

JYD, I am running a PCV type cap on 1 valve cover and a breather on the other valve cover. The PCV goes to a "F" type splitter and 1 side goes to each plane of the Tripower dual plane intake. This is the same way a stock 66 Tripower is plumbed. I showed you my PCV type breather cap, did you not believe me? This is the same type cap that was used on Chryslers. BTW, found out why my line lock was blowing fuses and my car was idled high. The switched hot wire was loose and up against metal, it was the same circuit I used to pull in a relay for my line-lock. Clutch is adjusted and still feels strong. I may go to Silver Dollar the 19th(Saturday). It should be cool weather, 11.50's would be nice!! -Jim

.030 over 354, #47 heads (84cc), Lunati voodoo 700 camshaft (207/213 @ .050), logs, 2.5 duals, X-pipe and Dynomax super turbo mufflers, 3.08 rear