Thread: Tri-power issue
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Doh, I had the same problem with my original tripower carb. I put a stronger spring on mine to fix it.

Also, on the ends, in addition to the screw, you have to make sure that the throttle blades don't hit the gasket or the hole in the manifold.. There is a little play between the throttle body and the studs, and sometimes, if it's not aligned properly, they will bind a bit, preventing them from closing. I always remove the return spring and make sure that they are free when torquing them down. I put a dot of 3M rubber cement on the bottom of the gasket to keep it centered too.
Thanks Glen, more good advice on what to check for. Was wondering what you thought of this deal or anyone else for that matter.

Talked to a guy today and he said maybe your idle isn"t staying where you set it is because the MSD weights are not comming back like they should. He said check you initial when warm, drive the car some and see what the idle is at, if higher than what you set it at, check your initial again and see if it still is at where you set it. Whats ya guys think...................made sense when he told me this, but then again i was on my 5th beer when hearing this. LOL

The MSD unit i have doesn"t have the vacuum can.

Once again i really appreciate the help ive been getting from you guys..........im gonna get this resolved yet.

Rich