Thread: Tri-power issue
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatman65 View Post
I'll add this tidbit.On the end carbs,pass side linkage arms are held on by a screw.If either of those screws is just a little too tight,one or both carbs may not be closing completely.You could try loosening the screws and making sure the butterflies are closing all the way.Sticking open a bit will cause a fast idle or idle that doesn't 'stay put'.
One more thing i had a problem with.I would set the idle,drive a while,and when i came to a stop the idle would be higher than where i set it.I would reset it,drive it,idle would be up again.This went on quite awhile.I checked,rebuilt,adjusted all three carbs,checked for vac leaks,timing,etc...One day i noticed the idle adjustment screw appeared to be screwed in really far,and it was.Turns out the screw was really lose in the hole it is screwed into.While driving the screw would actually turn itself in,from vibration i guess?,and result in a higher idle speed.Just one of those 'odd' things,so maybe check the idle adj screw,if you can turn it with your fingers its probably too loose.Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for that little tidbit of info.................yep, sure sound like what mine is doing, i"ll look into that asap.