Thread: Tri-power issue
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by old66tiger View Post
Rich, you are comparing apples to oranges. You are running a much hotter cam, probably higher compression, etc, etc, etc. The last motor is probably not even close to what you have now. FWIW, running down the highway with a 160 stat, I run 180 almost all of the time. If i am pounding on it, I will get up to 190 or almost 200, but it settles back to 180-185. What rad are you running?

Also, I had gone through the issues of tuning a TP for my last setup and you have to remember that the 2bbl is a rather primitive carb. Simple to fix and simple to rebuild, but somewhat finicky when tuning for a large cube motor with a large cam. I know Glen (tripower 455) had his issues with tuning the TP for his motor too and ended up with a large replacement 2bbl. Point being is that you may need to settle on a "good enough" ground and make some small adjustments as you drive it.

BTW, what H2O pump are you running?

You asked about the rad i was running, its some cheapy "Howe" alum rad, had it for 12 years now.

Dave Hillard thought the temps would go down some also once i get a few more miles on it............almost got 200 miles on the motor so far, kind of hard not to nail it more, im trying to be a good boy and listen to the CF clutch rules, "Drive nice" for 500 miles..........screw that. LOL............i can nail that baby in 2nd gear and im all over the road, its running real nice. Happy with that, not if only i can shut it off without it running on.

Rich