Thread: 4 door love
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'62pest, I am not sure how long you have had the car; are you the one who stopped by my house in central Phoenix? I had the red and white 62 LeMans (I sold it before I moved).

Anyway, after I bought my car, my friend's wife was upset. She had seen the car, and wanted to buy it. Her husband had told me about the car, and I went and bought it - I didn't know she was interested or I would never have bought it from under them. They didn't tell me this until later. Anyway, they set out looking for a 62 Tempest for her. They bought that car for $500 bucks or so, and they used it as a daily driver for several years. Later, they approached me asking if I was interested in buying it. It wasn't running at the time, and they had very little mechanical ability. I wasn't in a position to get another car, but another of my friends was. She bought it (for $200), intending to give it to her daughter (who was in love with my LeMans), and I got it running for them. I rebuilt the carburetor, changed the timing chain, and had the distributor rebuilt. She drove the car for a few months, and the transmission died, so I put in my spare. It was driven off and on for a while, and then they parked it, pending her daughter getting her license. Her daughter didn't show any motivation, even though I would come over periodically and start it up and drive it around a bit. Finally, her daughter decided to sell it. I considered buying it for my wife to drive, but she really wanted an old Mustang. She sold the Tempest for $400. If I had been thinking about it, I would have swapped hoods with my car, and swiped the A/C condenser for my car before they sold it (I guess it's a good thing for you that I didn't!!!) The next time I saw it was when you (or possibly a previous owner) showed up at my house with it.

As for the "access holes," I don't remember seeing any access holes. I certainly didn't put them there!! Maybe I just didn't notice them.....then again, it has been several years since I did any work on the car.
Importsmasher