View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, you are correct in seeing a 65 with snaps at the back corners.That is what I have on mine,and other 65 'verts I have seen.

I have sen Chevy's with snaps all around on the stainless.I always wondered if GTO's had this available for the Tonneau Option in 65.It covered the whole inside less the drivers area of the car.I have seen only one Tonneau cover,and it was on a 65 Lemans 'vert here in Westmont years ago.It was a Teal Turquoise car and interior,with a Teal Tonneau installed.I wish I had asked how it fastened down,with snaps only,or a combination,like the 65 boot.??? A very rare opton. He said he bought it from Bill Merrick in Michigan,it was a mint one,too. I would offer the guy good money for it but,he hasn't been to car shows in ages!!

One last question,my 65 boot is supposed to be date coded with a design in the inner canvas reinforced section.The pattern is a series of geomeric patterns,with Naughahyde65 printed in an unusual lettering,with the geometric patterns connected by single straight lines.These were done in ink,and when new,where difficult to read.(My buddy Kip's car) My question,do you remember any coding or the such on you "snagged boot from the yard" or have you seen an original that is minty?? Just curious. Don,perhaps if you see this,you could chime in. thanks Larry B. .