View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Dragging this back to the top.

Pulled the engine out of this thing today. Appeared to unmolested Vin stamped on the block matches the car. Stuck tighter than hell wouldn't budge after a gall on PB blaster was dumped in the cyl's last fall and I filled the block until it was running out the valve covers with a mixture of used engine oil and kerosene. Left it sit all winter and still won't budge so out it came. Putting the engine out of my Firebird 'vert in it for now. 68 block so it'll appear to be right.

A/C still had freon in it.Oil was nasty tho so that'll get flushed.

Trans fluid ran out pink.

Anitfreeze that was left came out green, Water pump is stuck as hard as the crank is.

P/S has a cooler on it. First I've ran into that on one of these.

Carb appears to be OE.

Ink stamp still on the Steering gear, Front pump of the trans has a number ink stamped on it also.

No apparent numbers on the firewall but it's pretty filthy. I don't think I'll clean it up this time, Probably will do that when the original block goes back in.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill