View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
Scary, I did the same thing with the air cleaner on my 71 Lemans Sport 2dr 350/2bbl Lucy Blue, White vinyl top blue interior car........ It did make it sound a whole lot better when flooring it
Norm - We were living large weren't we? I bet there were a bunch of us out there doing that and wishing we had the Q-Jet, 4-speed, posi, buckets, etc. I also added a Thrush glass-pack on mine. It sounded great but I don't know what I was thinking when I did it - I did not even consider how my sister (who shared the car with me for the first year we had it) was going to react and I sure didn't consider how my Dad would react.

I'll never forget it - it was a Saturday and we were sitting at the kitchen table having lunch. My sister got up to leave for a piano lesson or some boring girl-thing. The enormity of my miscalculation hit me about two seconds before she turned the key (I had the glass-pack installed that morning and had managed to get the car home and parked in the driveway while Dad was mowing grass - so he had not yet heard it). The minute she cranked the car everyone stopped mid-chew and sort of looked toward the direction of the sound. The car shut off and then started again. I'm choking on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich now, wishing I was anywhere besides that kitchen table. I could feel my Dad's anger shifting into high gear as I heard the car turn off again and then heard the door open and my sister saying: "Daddy, there's something wrong with the LeMans!" Before bedtime that night there was a brand new Midas muffler on the LeMans and I was still thinking of ways to get back at my sister!

BJ