View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccieng View Post
i would check for ease of movement of the vac advance with the cap off. if it pulls and releases easily, then it's good. also, if you have a can that pull alot of advance, it may take a little longer to get there, but not enough to notice. another thing to think about; vac advance is good for lean conditions. if you see a difference coming on the throttle between ported to manifold (after the can has checked good), you may just need more accelerator pump shot. so, a performance difference in manifold and ported may be an indicator of a needed carb adjustment. just another possibility. but i still believe covering up a vac can/pump shot problem by having to use fmv is not right. once everything is correct, then choose what works best. i'm not a 'only ported' guy, either. i run one of each!
I know the can is working well, and I just went from a #31 pump shot to #35 nozzle on my Holley 3310. I cant imagine that it could need more than that. Maybe I will play with the pump cams a little a see what it does.
The car is really running well how it is.... but I just want to do it to see how it affects things.