View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You have the cal customs valve covers on it? Really neat looking car. (68 Bird convert was the one that started it all for me.)

I had a very similiar problem with my 76 TA, very similiar combo too. Bringing the advance in early is good for a street pontiac. I had a stuttering wehn mashing the pedalfrom about 1400/2500 rpm. As the mechanical advance kicked in the car pulled like it's rear bumper was on fire!!!! Checked for vacuum leaks, fuel delivery, air filter, etc. 2 min switch on the vacuum allows me to mat the pedal at 25 mph in 4th gear without hesitation, stutter, or drama. can shift 1 direct to 4th if I want, and no need to downshift on hills like a SBC. (76 TA, 455, 6C, 7.6 compression, 268XE, rhoads, CR BW 4 sp, 3.23 gears, pypes exhaust, RA3 headers, 87 octane, no dieselling on shut down, no starting issues when hot soaks, runs nice and cool. Big thanks to Artie Philipp (general mechanical, exhaust, and all sorts of PITA stuff)and Rich Massee (engine combo, Rhoads lifters dealer, performance tuning, driver...can't wait until summer again to get some times) on this one)

Last edited by Keith Vrabec; 11-21-2009 at 11:58 AM.