View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default mileage........

so, i had a chance to document the actual mpg of the goat since i have done the new carbs and my vacuum advance setup.....

survey says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11.5 mpg. ouch! but, all things considered, for a 650 horsepower street driven car, that USED to get 9 mpg, i am happy. that is a 21% increase in mileage, so all in all, i would say my 'carb building and tuning with vacuum advance on a blower car' was a mission success!

been driving the snot out of it this summer, the rear tires tell me so, but have still not gotten it to the track. maybe next weekend if all goes well. i am going to detune it first......

right now i am at 3% underdriven, about 10 lbs boost at 6000rpm, (i think, last dyno session, but i don't usually get that far on the street....) but i just got a 34 tooth upper, (32 on there now...) to take it down to 10% underdriven. don't know what the boost will be, but i imagine it will be easier to get down the track for my first time. this thing is nothing less than scary when you step on it, and i am man enough to admit that i want to start out detuned a bit, before i give her hell on the track in this current tune. i have no idea how fast it is now, but i would think that my top end would be enough to get into tech trouble with no roll bar. we'll see...............

ok, sorry i'm not around more lately, lots of personal change going on in life, and work has been slow, which means play time has been slow............

thanks for everything folks!

davey

ps a pic of a car i had to park in front of specifically to get this shot..... too funny!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gto and electric car.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	181830