View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 AM

Here are some pics, the original color according to the data plate is Copper Canyon. It is also the paint coming out from under the chips and the underside of the trunk.

Car details - I am missing the Rally II's, the air cleaner. I will need to replace the driver floor pan and right rear floor pan. The trunk and hood skins have surface rust, but the frame is rusted through in spots of both. I don't know if I will be able to salvage or not yet. The rear patch panels will need to be replaced. The interior is what you would expect for 20 years of sitting.

All in all the car is in good shape for the age, the frame is dirty with surface rust, I can't find any weak spots. The 400 block, transmission, and rear end seem to be in good shape, but plan to rebuild all three. The body has lots of surface rust, but not finding any weak spots in that either. All of the original chrome is there, they painted it black but it is there. When the car was repainted, they sanded over the chrome, so that will need to be rechromed. The grill is in good shape, only a few minor bends that can be moved back with out any notice.

As you can tell, I'm still very excited. I am waiting on the PHS so I can figure out all the options and verify what is stock on the car and what is not. Since the block is incorrect, my current plan is to restore the car stock except the power train. I am leaning towards hot rodding it out a little more then stock.

Thanks for all the support already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	181419   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	181420   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO3.jpg