View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The only improvement your gonna be able to make without any negative consequences would likely be to increase the head flow numbers (further head porting).

More compression will make it less tolerant of most pump fuels (except maybe E85).

You got a little room to tweak the CR with the Eheads,but I would'nt go too crazy here.

More cam will almost certainly reduce the "street" friendly qualities.

It likely would put up better numbers with a well chose single 4bbl intake & carb,but I understand why you might not wanna change that,the visual impact is up there with the current set-up I'm sure.

If the Dougs headers are the 1 7/8" pieces that could be an area to reconsider,but that would likely be a crapshoot as far as any gains are concerned.

Losing the flowmasters might gain some too,there are better flowing mufflers out there if every last hp matters to you.

As far as driving the car,the '72 is pretty heavy,I'd want more gear,at least 3.42/3.55 @ the minimum.

And what torque converter is in this???

That's an area that can really make a difference in terms of how a car actually performs on the street/track vs. the numbers you'll see on a chassis dyno.

I dunno really,honestly those numbers are'nt too shabby at all,considering they're @ the rear wheels.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.