View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Senior Chief

hi dee ho folks, guess who.......

so, motor put back together, dropped her in, and in a record time, me and a friend got the motor in, everything hooked up, (blower too.) and ready to run in just 3 1/2 hours. i'm gettin' good at this i tell ya, real good.

so, i was off on my mark for timing, but other than that, she fired right up, warmed up great, then came the higher rpm's to set timing, etc...... i really ran her through the hoops, ran it a good twenty minutes, water was 190, (10 degrees hotter that it usually runs, but sitting idle in a garage...) oil was plenty hot at 220, pressure looked good, everything was honky dory, then came the time........ the time to look underneath the car. i knew i had run it hard, high, and hot enough to puke oil with any of the seals prior.

so, i asked my uncle, "me or you, who's lookin'......" "you" he says, so, down i go, heart beating a little bit faster, knowing i am ready to pull it right back out if it's haywire AGAIN.

verdict is in.......................................

wait for it............................

survey says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dry as a bone.

finally. i actually have a dry motor out back. so, i am off to the machinists right now, to settle up. then? i am going to finish this thing, clean it up, (a years worth of sitting in the garage), and go drive this damn thing. oh, i am doing some ignition stuff, got a new msd box, and am going to mess with vacuum advance for cruising and high idle. i noticed the car loves plenty of lead, as much as 26 initial was no problem for starting hot or cold. and to boot, this thing cooks the headers red hot at warm up, unless i add some lead into it. i have researched using vacuum to death, i know no one uses it on blower motors, but i am going to try......

ok folks, from here on, it's all about tuning, upgrades, roadtrips, maybe even some track time. no more f'ing leaks! so so so happy, thanks to everyone who has supported and helped me out on here, you rule. special thanks to wade for the seal donation, and i hope to provide feedback for you all on it's performance. so far, so good........

more later......

davey