View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Default PEP Fleet whatever

GreaT to meet another Waterford Kettering Alum (subtly shows the mysterious and secret sign of recognition).

I was thinking today that Kettering might be on topic because for a while the target market for GTO and FB etc might have been Kettering students with jobs who could use the old man's discount. Waterford area had a load of GM employees at the time.

In fact, a considerable number of cars mentioned in this forum may have paraded up and down the aforementioned Bender street in the 60's & 70's. Remember, Somebody had to pay retail first and order the car to be built.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fleet car story

My co-worker worked at the Warren Tech Center and commuted to Traverse City each weekend to be with his wife and kids.

The building fleet manager found out about this long travel and insisted that my friend drive a fleet car each weekend in order to put miles on the cars for durability and/or sales purposes (remember the 3000 miles?)

One Friday night, my friend got halfway to Traverse City and the engine seized solid.
He knew that his job had just disappeared but he very nervously called the fleet manager and told him the bad news.

The Fleet guy was ecstatic: "We have been waiting for one of ours to do that!! I am sending a flatbed with a replacement car right up. Have dinner on me while you wait"

My friend was relieved to stay employed etc and enjoyed that dinner/

Regards
cd175
WKHS 1965