View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Senior Chief

I live outside of Birmingham and I don't really care much for this part of Alabama but I do like northern Alabama and along the coast.

Huntsville is a really good choice. There is a LOT of hi-tech industry there. It's the home of the NASA space and rocket center. It would be a great place for your profession. For your wife, around B'ham may be better. B'ham is one of the leading cities in the world for the medical profession.

Quite a few years ago, I actually had a "Prince" from some eastern country buy some land near me and build a mansion and horse farm. I thought it was odd that he would pick here to live but I later found out that he had some extremely rare disease and UAB was one of the few places in the world that was doing some research on it and could help him with it.

I graduated high school in Mobile and I really liked it there.

I've also lived in Mississippi before. I lived in a small town called "Futheyville". It only had one street and it was in a circle.

Alabama is the butt of many jokes but one thing that we can be thankful for is that we always have Mississippi to make us look good. (My apologies to my Mississippi neighbors)

You'll like the SE. The cost of living is decent, the weather is GREAT! We just had a 105 car 60 mile cruise yesterday and the weather was PERFECT!

You can get a pretty nice large house in your choice of many beautiful subdivisions for the low 200's. Around here, about the cheapest new house in a garden-home community is around $140k+ and there are plenty of subdivisions around with homes exceeding $1mil.

www.dixiemusclecars.com
The Southeast's only online Community dedicated to the American Muscle Car!

2006 PBM GTO LS2
1995 Arctic White Trans Am LT1
1981 Trans Am Daytona Pace Car
1969 Gold Poly Firebird w/400