View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
misterp266,

How does either of those water pumps seal up with just two bolts (one on either side) holding them in place? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after milling 1/4" off that Moon style timing cover, it looks like you eliminated the cover and water pump sharing those lower pump bolts, and now just have the timing cover held in place with those bolts (which can be seen in your one shot from the left side). If this is so, I was just wondering what kind of pump sealing issues you've had (if any).
Brian, The adapters are held on with two bolts on each side into the original front cover bolt holes and the water pump is bolted to the adapters with two bolts on each side. If you look at the first picture taken from above, you might see two small protrusions at the top of the timing cover that have small allen head bolts that hold the top of the cover to the motor plate. The cover and the adapters are sealed with anarobic sealer and have never had a leak. The cover has .250 milled off the back so the water pump ears are gone. Hey, in the old days when this was put together I made what I had to! Thank goodness Pontiacs have become more popular and there are some good aftermarket products out there.