View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 PM

In 1989 I started college (driving an old beat up 78 Olds Cutlass)...after 4 semesters of making 3.0 or better grades my oil man uncle said to me one day...you're doing real good bud I am going to give you 4K dollars for a new car... ...I had always wanted a muscle car...didn't matter what kind to me...looked around for about 3 months and just couldn't find the right car...one day uncle calls me up and says I am coming to pick you up and we're buying a car for you today...so we tool around all day...don't see anything I like...on the way home there is a Nissan hardbody lowrider pickup all jazzed up for sale on a KMart lot... ...uncle stops we call the guy and buy said truck for 3800...I drive the wheels off of it and basically turn it into a POS...grandma dies I move into her house temporarily...write For Sale 1200 on the windshield of the P/U...guy stops a day or two later says I need a truck would you trade for it...what do have??? 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 4 speed car... ...traded him straight across...drove the car for 7 years...first son was born..sold car in 99 for 3500...wish I still had it...

About 6 months ago I was at a bodyshop installing an interior kit in a Maro...somebody pulls up in a 79 Malibu...he leaves and I ask bodyman you know where any cars like that are for cheap...couple months ago he calls and says you owe me 1200 bucks come down here and pick up your car Pontiac man...giggling...they are all chevy guys and gave me all kinds of trouble when I had the bird...they are once again giving me crap about driving a Pontiac...and I don't care...