Thread: Strelka Built
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbluebird
Guys knowing how much time goes into making a set. I can understand why it's a long wait. I put 40 hours into a set. That's after engraving brushed finish etc. With everything Mark has done I'm sure he's not going to leave you out in the cold.

I too am a small business owner (I am an architectural designer), on average, I spend 60-70 hours to design a home and 180-240 hours to complete that homes construction document set (plans).......I currently have 6 projects in the conceptual design phase, 4 more that I am completing construction documents on, 1 project that I am co-construction managing and 7 projects that are currently under construction that I field calls to answer the questions of 32 trade contractors from. Then you add time spent in quickbooks, at various city's for hours on end meeting with planners, applying for building permits or just flat-out arguing with zoning department officials.

My typical day starts at 7:00 am and ends at 1:00-2:00 am, with a couple of hours around dinner time spent with the wife and our kids) (about 78-82 hours a week) 6 days a week, week in and week out.

I still find time to answer or reply to each and every client voice or email ON THE SAME DAY that I get it, ( or engineers, trade contractors, realtors, appraisers, etc.).........Come on, there is NO excuse to not keep your client/customer informed of the progress and expected completion date, no matter if we are talking about a $500 set of valve covers or a $27K set of construction documents

Mark seems like a really, really nice guy, but that is not what I paid him for. I paid him to build valve covers. No matter what is going on, or what excuse he may be offering, it's just bad business in my book.