View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill what size tire are you going to run on back? I have a set of 315x16x15 on mine and it's just mini tubbed with springs under frame rails. All set up for straight axle swap in a year or.... One of the reasons my tires fit was my wells are also pushed forward along with the axle. Never knew til it was pointed out to me a few months ago. 113 wheel base. I'm sticking with stock width axle and 7 1/2 offset on rears.

I also have a set of 56 hood chrome. Dosn't fit on my 55. Tried to use them last time we put a fresh coat of primer on it. Was more than a hole issue too. But then maybe I have a 56 hood on car with spare 55 chrome? Also have a couple of hood ornaments that don't line up either but not sure if 55 or 56.

1 thing to watch for Bill is your ignition wiring. If you use a newer starter you will not have a post to tie your ignition to so it will not get power when cranking. Just found that out when connecting my mini. Not too big a problem for me as I also use the Ford Solinoid and can pick the lead up from there but since I'm still doin the '2 lane blacktop' thing I decided to use a button.