View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well,it's a crappy pic,sure,but a few things appear to be obvious.

First off,it's a single keyway double roller timing chain set,so the only way it could be installed advanced/retarded in any way,is if offset keyways are being used,or it was somehow installed incorrectly,or manufactured incorrectly.

Next up,I gotta mention that with all the attention being given to the "dots" and gear alignment,it seems that many folks here have missed the fact that something looks amiss with regards to the fuel pump eccentric and how it is assembled,the bolt/washer does'nt appear centered in the eccentric properly,and looks to be "off",so I gotta advise that be given due attention and checked out carefully.

I would advise removing the cam bolt/washer/eccentric assembly and checking it out fully.

This will also allow you to get us a pic without the eccentric on there,which will give us a whole lot better idea what is going on,as we'll be able to see the keyway in the cam as well.

If all appears to be in order,reassemble the eccentric assembly and rest assured it's all together correctly.

And last but not least,I gotta advise you to check and be sure the lower crank gear is'nt on backwards and your real timing "dot" is'nt actually on the backside of the gear.

Because those "marks" in the pic of your crank gear dont look much to me like they're really meant for this purpose.

Dont laugh,,,have seen this happen a few times...

If there are'nt any marks on the backside,most folks will catch this,but if a fella finds a mark that seems close enough to "work",they'll often just assume that's how it's supposed to go together,and not give it a second thought.

This is a longshot of course,but never hurts to be thorough.

Obviously degreeing the cam will catch most of these kinds of mistakes if done properly,and it is clearly the "correct" way to do this.

Just a few suggestions to look into,I'm sure all here will help you get this figured out and put together right.

Bret.