Thread: MR-1 Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
I disagree Doug. No one would win by default. Otherwise you could walk up to the clerk of the court with a claim ticket and be rewarded without having to present your case.
Small claims court is only that because of the amount of money in question. This is on a civil level where there is no prosecutor and lawyers are not necessary. Judge Judy etc.
If a claim involving fraud or any type of Illegal act is filed it goes to court of law and the authorities must take action. The Province would have to try? the case.
Ron, didn't mean it that way. First of all, I don't think anyone is looking at this in a criminal way. If one person takes KRE to court over this it will be too either, get the block they thought they were buying to begin with or get a refund. And if there were damages that came out of the purchase of the block, that also.

When that case was won, it would set a precedent (thanks Brian) and others that followed could use use this case as a guide for the Judge to follow. I don't know about where you are, but small debts court here has a limit of $25,000.00.