View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Screamin=Mid to high 12's if all motor. maybe mid 11's on spray?
I'd say that's probably accurate,you have an astute eye,knowing what I do about ya from your posts here issach428,I'd say your not the kinda fella I'd expect to fool though,as you seem pretty hip to many of the tricks of the sleeper/street race trade.

Like I said,nothing special really,and for now likely no spray,at least not till I get back into the shortblock and go thru it,as the bottom end is essentially just a stock 455,cast pistons,fresh rings and bearings,so 5200 RPM's max likely.

Heads are ported #96's (250 ish cfm),stainless undercut flat faced valves,crower springs,1.65 rocker capable,blocked crossover,pretty standard "street/strip" iron heads,rockers are currently 1.5's.

Cam is a crower #60210 hydraulic for now.

Intake is obviously a torker II,edelbrock logo removed,painted engine color,will be port matched.

Carb is a reworked 3310 holley,with very subtle mods.

Ignition is stock single point housing,curved,and using the crane XR-1 igniton,painted blaster II coil,MSD black super conductor wires.

The exhaust will be the hedman shorties dumping into 3" 90 degree mandrel bends,then into flowmaster 3" to 2.5" "ball flange" collectors,then going into the flowmaster transverse 2.5" MB system,if anything gives this deal away it'll likely be this exhaust system,from all accounts I've heard this system is pretty loud.

Trans is a TH 350 I built,HD internals,good VB reprograming,convertor is a trans specialties 2400-2600 unit (likely stall to the high side of that),rear end will be a 8.5 3.23 posi that'll have the perches braced and the tubes welded to the center section.

Suspension will be pretty standard stuff,but will be adding SSM lift bars,decent adjustable shocks,and subframe connectors,with good body bushings,as I'm not too concern with it being a total sleeper,just want it to be generally under-estimated by the majority of folks who dont look at it too closely.

Considering I've been working with a virtually non-existant budget,I'd say it's coming along about as well as could be expected.

When I get a chance and some extra $$$$ I plan to redo the shortblock,good rods/pistons,and likely a better cam,probably a solid FT or maybe if I got the extra bucks a decent hydraulic roller,then I'll likely add a "system" for more,the beauty of the TII intake is it would be the easiest intake I can think of to add a plenum spray-bar into,looks like it was made for that to me.

Now lets see,,,use the top shot in the air cleaner housing for the first stage,the plenum spray-bar for the second stage,,,hmmmmm!?!?

But from just a glance,it looks just as "sleepy" as the 350 that came out of it,just a little cleaner and such at the moment.

But ya'll get the idea.

Needs a paint job though...

Bret.