View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupergasDil
I have bought 2 sets of heads along with misc parts from Kauffman. I'm very happy with the quality and the results of my purchases and their customer service.

Jeff has responded to all of my emails the next day unless they were away racing. They GAVE me a starter at Pontiac Heaven this year when mine took a dump and told me to just send him a check when I got home.

I'm currently working on a 389 and wanted to drop the compression by adding a thicker Cometic head gasket. Jeff sent me a set to check and see if they would work but because of the relief in the top of the cylinder thay wont. Cometic doesn't cut their gasket like Felpro. Again, he didn't charge me up front. He just sent them to me. Now I'll send them back and I'll also cover his freight.

There are also a few other Pontiac owners in our club that have dealt with Kauffman and seem to be satisfied. All I'm doing is letting YOU ALL know how happy I am with their products and customer service.
I met Jeff at Norwalk this year. Seems like a good guy. The issue isn't with Jeff, as much as it is with Steve and the "MR-1" people. Like it has been said before, this about customer service. People now know what to check if they buy an MR-1, and how long they have to check it. Otherwise they are stuck with it, if there is a problem. JMHO.