View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd455hota
It's definatly the same car. The guy I got it from said it was in a field when he bought it.

You probably saw it with the original 'blue/white interior'. Still don't know what to do about that. PHS and trim tag shows white int which came with black trim only in 72. But this car had blue trim (dash, carpet, console, etc) not black. I have all the original pieces that came out of it. Dash panel down into the cowl is painted blue. No doubt in my mind it was original. I have no way to prove it though. No documentation from PHS on this. I have a portion of the build sheet that actually has a handwritten note that says : "Int trim blue not black-white stays". Some of the boxes in the top half that cover int trim such as console, carpet, etc, have the code for the black piece crossed out and the code for the proper blue piece handwritten in. I know the skeptics will have a fit over that saying anyone could have done it. It's getting a frame off now. I'll probably go back with black interior trim to match PHS etc. I would hate to enter it in the POCI or TA nats and be placed in a modified class just because the interior trim color was supposedly not available.

Anyway, if you think of any other history on it let me know. Hope to have it at the POCI nats in OK next year. If your up that way stop and introduce yourself. Thanks
Sounds like another Bill Mitchell kinda deal to me. Def a brass hat / exec / show car. Cool story and great history. You need to give Tom DeMauro a shout when it's done for an HPP feature article.

Hmmmm - I wonder - when was the car invoiced? I'll wager long after the cowl tag date!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98