View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by W72-Bandit
I'm afraid I'm not much help. The car was in the north Houston area. The owner had rescued it from a field in central Tx. It had the typical Tx. rust but was complete. It was in mid-resto. at the time. The owner had some problems with the resto shop and had brought the car home. As I recall it was PHS documented. Whats the status of the car now?
It's definatly the same car. The guy I got it from said it was in a field when he bought it.

You probably saw it with the original 'blue/white interior'. Still don't know what to do about that. PHS and trim tag shows white int which came with black trim only in 72. But this car had blue trim (dash, carpet, console, etc) not black. I have all the original pieces that came out of it. Dash panel down into the cowl is painted blue. No doubt in my mind it was original. I have no way to prove it though. No documentation from PHS on this. I have a portion of the build sheet that actually has a handwritten note that says : "Int trim blue not black-white stays". Some of the boxes in the top half that cover int trim such as console, carpet, etc, have the code for the black piece crossed out and the code for the proper blue piece handwritten in. I know the skeptics will have a fit over that saying anyone could have done it. It's getting a frame off now. I'll probably go back with black interior trim to match PHS etc. I would hate to enter it in the POCI or TA nats and be placed in a modified class just because the interior trim color was supposedly not available.

Anyway, if you think of any other history on it let me know. Hope to have it at the POCI nats in OK next year. If your up that way stop and introduce yourself. Thanks