View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Suspended

Bill sent me more pics of the 1973 GT. I'm really confused about these cars. My car was probably the last '73 GT built because the build date was 07E and that might explain some things like having argent grilles as opposed to black like GTs were to have as I have read. My car was kinda thrown together with parts left over in Atlanta, I think. It was a Florentine Red GT, white stripes and interior, bench seat, 3 speed on floor with a Muncie shifter, AM radio, sport mirrors (left remote) and 3.42 posi. No PS, no PB, no A/C.

Bill's car, he says, was originally a 350 car like mine with a 4 speed whereas my car had a 3 speed Saginaw. Yet it has argent 400 grilles. It's a hardtop coupe yet it has a Sport Coupe interior. The trunk lid has obviously been replaced with one from a Sport Coupe. So I'm wondering if the interior had been replaced from the same car? If so, what was the original interior? Was it a bench seat car or bucket? You have to wonder how this car lived its life and what has been replaced and why.

It's my understanding that GTs recieved the NACA hood, black grilles and Rally IIs. My car had 14x7 Rally IIs factory with trim rings. From the trim rings on Bill's car, they look like 15s.

Just the weird things these cars had, I guess.