View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
screamingchief, that first block with the lop-sided 0, must have been done on 2nd shift Friday!
Ha ha ha ha,,,yeah worse yet,looked it up,april 9 1973 was a monday,cast during the day shift!!!

So it's a post weekend "Oh man am I hungover" block,I dunno,ask me that's worse than a "I wanna get my check and go get drunk block",but that's JMO...

Yeah,sure fire grenade material,,,LOL.

Quote:
Also, did the block have 4 bolt holes from the factory?
To the best of my knowledge,yes it was drilled and tapped from the factory,I got this motor when I needed to move back to Texas,traded my '73 ventura for it,was virtually zero miles beyond cam break-in and a couple blast up/down the block,guy had all the receipts,and heard it run,knew it was a pretty decent trade.

Was a lot easier than trying to move the car at that time,just stuffed this up in the front of the ryder rental,and headed south.

The 455 block is the same deal,drilled and tapped for 4 bolts,the other 400 block was'nt,I guess because it was a 2 bbl motor.

The YS 400 is also drilled and tapped for four bolts,but uses two bolt caps as well,I'll get those pics up here soon,that block has some weird casting irregularities in the crank area,almost look like cracks but they're too "patterned" to be cracks in my mind,I believe they are just a casting blemish or something of that nature.