Thread: head help
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Likewise, I get offended when someone comes here to ask for advice lacking experience in some specific areas (in this case, Pontiac's), and then proceeds to tell us all that we don't know what we're talking about, since they supposedly own a restoration business and have infinite experience.
If that were true, then why would the question need to be asked in the first place? WE should be asking YOU the questions if that were true...
By the way, although you say that the engine is, indeed, numbers-matching to the car, do you realize that your picture shows a 1970 upper alternator bracket? These are unique ONLY to 1970 engines, and are most often replaced with the later style (such as that which your engine should have had from the factory) or earlier style. This bracket is a fairly difficult to find item, since it was ONLY used in 1970.
A lot of people have swapped that part out for either earlier or later strap-style brackets, but I have never seen one on an engine unless it was original (on a 1970 car). I had to replace two of these on my cars, as they had been swapped for the more common parts.
Which tends to suggest that the engine might, in fact, be a 1970 engine.
List of mis-spellings (from just the last post):
Intelligence;
Defensive;
Opinions;
Degraded.
Sorry, but you can do a lot yourself to help prevent derogatory responses.