View Single Post
Old 01-09-2000, 01:25 PM

I want to ask a question about that comp. ratio in this setup. The 670s are 72cc heads and have had a valve job. that should bring them to around 75. I have valve reliefs in my pistons of about 7cc. I also thought that i had read that 670s were actually 75 cc's to begin with. when i calc. out the compression i get 10.4 with the 78 cc comb chamber and a 7 cc valve relief. Now if i use a thick head gasket, i could easily get that down to about 10.15-10.2. i think that the high duration of the cam will help as well. I dont think that it would be too much of a strecth of the imagination to try running 94 and octane booster in this setup. Well, either way, my question wasn't really regarding the compression.

What i want to know is: Can I make this car really go. i had intentions of doing an A body, but could not find one that i could work with. I got this car for a good price, soooo..... Here i am questioning its potential.

basically what im looking for is someone to say "i ran that setup in this type of car and this is what i had for a stll, and gears, and i used 1.65s, and etc. I want to hear real life info.

I want to be able to squeeze every last bit of power out of this motor that is possible. thanks again